Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Ya Gotta Have Faith..."

Photobucket

Notice the bright spring colors in this unique pendant... robin's egg-blue and daffodil-yellow with a splash of purple and green for good measure. Tiny blue flowers on an accenting handmade lampwork bead {made by me,} and sparkling crystals. The blue ribbon is made of silk and hand-dyed {also by me.} The pendant is created of sheet metal that has been hand-cut, edges smoothed and distressed for interest, then stamped with the word "Faith" and dyed with inks.

In case I forgot to mention it, this necklace was made by me. In case you were wondering. With my own two hands. Yep, little ole' me.

This is a snappy little necklace that I guarantee will be a conversation piece, and it can be yours FREE!

Free? You heard me right, F-R-E-E free :) Just how, you might ask...

Well let me to tell you!

My last post described how much I'm looking forward to spring. I'd like to know what designates, to you, your first taste of spring. Is it that first balmy breeze {you know the one- it kisses your face when you walk outside- you breathe in and know it's just different than a cold winter wind, and you're happy *yes, it's one of my first tastes of spring*} that mixes with the melting snow, letting you know warmer weather is nipping right on its heels? Or that first tiny lime-green bud forming on the tip of a tree branch?

Whatever makes your realize, for the first time after a long drawn out winter, that spring is in the air- do share by posting a response and letting me know.

Why? I dunno- because I'm talkative and nosy, and who cares anyway! There could be a free prize in it for you!

* I will only perform this giveaway if I receive at least ten responses. So make sure to post!
* I will randomly pick an answer so no response is better or more clever than the next.
* A winner will be picked next Sunday, 1-23-11.
* I'll need people to pop back in next week so I can get the winner's information {and name since on here I mostly only know screen names!} to send the necklace.
* I do not accept bribes. Not even chocolate. So don't even think about it.

Well, if you really want to give me chocolate, we'll talk later ;)

Mmmmm... chocolate. Another of my favorite things!

And the winner of the Faith necklace is... Snowcap! Now I must hit all my sites to see who Snowcap really is {under her superhero disguise!} Update forthcoming :)

17 comments:

  1. This will sound really random, but I know its officially spring when I smell the stinky bradford pear trees in bloom. ;) They are sooooo gorgeous, but to me they smell so bad. Its a distinct smell that sticks in the air. I don't think everyone can smell it, but I sure can. LOL!
    Beautiful necklace, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, everything about this blog is random! I think this might be the same tree my parent's have in their front yard. After they had it planted and it was in bloom I would smell something funky. To me it smells like tuna fish. My dad goes even farther- to him it smells like a "tuna fish can." LOL. They do stink but man are they pretty! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel like spring is finally here when most the snow has melted, the frost is out of the ground and the crocus pop their little heads out of the ground. I love those little flowers!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought about what really makes me feel that winter is over and i have to say, it's the sun. simply setting your clock ahead to longer, brighter warm sunny days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. degochic- I totally agree. Being able to see the sun after 4PM is a wonderful thing! It goes along with being able to take my son outside. We like to take walks after work but in the winter it's just too dark by 5PM!

    jebball- We have tons of crocuses around campus {where I work} and they sure are a cute little flower- hardy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I live in florida so the weather is nice in the winter but I always know spring is here when the dead grass starts coming back to life and the trees get green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The start of spring is definitely the smell! You can just sense the warm air coming, and the little birds are chirping up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful necklace! I KNOW spring is on it's way when I see the large oak tree by my office start turning green and purple with wisteria. Such a beautiful plant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the sounds of the animals, playing and frisky, the sounds of the baby birds chirping in their nest while they await a fresh worm, the sunny days, layering our clothes for the warm afternoon, but expecting a fresh breeze every now and then, and the beautiful flowers blooming everywhere. There's an energy to spring that makes me come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring is on it's way, unfortunately, when my daughter's allergies act up. It's usually the blooming oak trees - (one fell on our house last April). I love the warm 70 days, from the cold 40 days, but I HATE the allergies for my family!
    Beautiful necklace, I love the colors and faith is a word I have been using a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love when the first green sprouts in my yard after a winter of nothing but brown. SE New Mexico rarely gets snow so our winters are very ugly. :)

    I LOVE not only the necklace but the beautiful photo as well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring is on the way when the cats start shedding...! LOL! I find cat hair EVERYWHERE....!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is going to sound strange, I know, but here in Portland my favorite sign that Spring is coming is that, as the soil warms, the earthworms emerge in the early morning and late evening on their mysterious earthworm missions, and you have to be careful walking down the sidewalk so as not to step on any. As soon as I see the first earthworms stretching across the concrete in the early dawn, I know Spring is on her way, and that soon the plum and cherry blossoms will be drifting like fragrant pink snow into the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful necklace!
    For me? I love the first blooms of spring, the crocus that pop up out of the snow in such amazing displays of color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's the simple smell of spring for me....you walk out and you can smell the fresh grass and the blossoms on the trees.... I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your wonderful comments are so making me Think Spring! Thank you for sharing... I'm excited to pick a winner on Sunday!!!

    Also, thanks for the kind words about the necklace... my art is a work in progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel spring in the air when I go shopping and all the spring fashions are out and winter clothes are on clearance. Of course this happens way before spring actually is in the air. :)

    ReplyDelete