Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 5: Morning Moon

And no I don't mean my husband's cute little booty as he makes his way to the shower in the morning.  I took this picture of the very early morning moon last week as it peeked through the trees and I thought I'd share it.  I can't help but admire the ethereal moon as it peeks through the bare winter tree limbs.  Eerie, really- kinda gives me the shivers!

I'm usually an energetic and hopeful woman.  This past week, though, was an entirely off week for me, and I'm glad it's over.  It's been a long time since I've experienced a week as icky as last week actually.  It was nothing and everything, small moodiness and large sadness.  Apathy wrapped my brain in heaviness, and there is nothing I hate more than that dull feeling of listlessness.

A good part of it is this dark dreary weather.  Going more than a few days without sunlight affects me badly, no matter how hard I try to deflect the blues.  We had a bright sunshiny day on Friday but with a meeting scheduled through the lunch hour I wasn't able to get out to soak up the rays.  I hear the sun may peek through three weeks from next Sunday.

I am confident this next week will be different {although I'm hearing we're supposed to get a blizzard.}  I'm sure the lethargy of last week was a passing phase.  A few things happened last week that I'm sure affected my mood:

1) My week started with being told {by two males I should add} that I should close the boutique I opened with a friend.  The very same business that has only been opened for two months- the one we put loads of time, money, effort and spirit into.  It was requested of us actually, and neither one of us are happy about this prospect.   The reasoning behind the request is that we're not making enough money.  In January.  After Christmas.  Right.  Did I mention we've only been open for two months?  Hmph.  This is now on my mind.  Decisions need to be made. It's rough and can be a blow to the ole' morale when something optimistic and positive turns into a big pile of crap in the blink of an eye.  Men don't understand the concept of a boutique!

2) Moody!  I hate feeling so emotional, especially with no apparent reason why.  No, I'm not pregnant although the last time I felt so tired and moody was in my first trimester.  My son did recently stop nursing and I think my body/whoremoans are having a hard time adjusting.  Oh, and my heart is also not adjusting well to the fact that my baby boy is maturing at a rate previously unknown to man.  Our cuddle time is diminishing... because he want to play play play!  He loves his toys and while it's thoroughly adorable to watch him so engrossed in playing I do kinda miss the days when I could just hold him in all his warm, soft baby-smelling wonderfulness in my arms for hours while admiring his beautiful little self.  Now I might have a split second while he's blinking to hug him tight before he pops out of my arms like a little greased monkey!   

3) On Friday I found out that an old high school friend passed away.  I hadn't seen him in twenty years, unless you count being friends on Facebook.  John and I had math classes together, and he helped tutor me because I was horrible in math {I still am although with John's help I was able to pass my classes.}  I've always remembered him with fondness because he was an exceptionally friendly and sweet boy.  I'm sad to learn than his life as a grown man is over, and way too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment